Follow Orbit Media to learn more about the management students behind the scenes of our operations. Marty Kurtz, WMCO News Director, Orbit TV Producer, and Black & Magenta staff writer, continues our series. #OrbitMedia
- He loves country music even though he’s from Cleveland and everyone thinks he’s a rocker.
- Even though he loves country music, his early music influences came from his dad, which include Bob Seger, Don McLean, and the original Jesus Christ Superstar.
- He finds himself as many favorite characters in his favorite TV shows. Somehow he’s a mix of Greg House from HOUSE, Ted Mosby from How I Met Your Mother, and George O’Malley from Grey’s Anatomy.
- He’s a huge baseball junkie. Stats, players, teams, games, whatever and whenever baseball is…he’s there.
- He used to do a lot of poetry slam stuff, and still writes occasionally.
- He volunteers at the local American Legion in his hometown.
- He has sooooo many nicknames including: Marty, Mardi Gras, Martonius, Martini, Hans, and his personal favorite, Martus.
- He wears hats all the time. Literally. He never leaves home without one.
- He has 2 tattoos, one on each wrist. They are signatures of the two biggest influences in his life, his Uncle Frank and his dad.
- He has a very interesting sense of sarcastic humor. It usually ends very well or very bad.
Check out the first post in our Fun Facts series about WMCO Program Director, Brian Clements.